In order to improve GST performance we have made changes to the GST workflow.
- Once locked, the GST period cannot be unlocked.There are no more commit/uncommit buttons.
- Transactions that are created with a post date in a GST locked period, will be posted in the next GST period.
- Transaction that are edited in a GST locked period will have the differences posted in the next GST period.
- All reports can be generated regardless of GST lock status. You can generate F5 reports even if the the period is not locked.
- Reports will be generated based on selected period. This means you can generate reports cross multiple periods and even between locked and unlocked periods.
- Reports can only be generated 5 year prior to last lock period and 2 years into the future.
As the GST Lock period cannot be undone, a new access control role has been created
Only users with this role can lock the period.